Questions About South America
In which we take a tour of our neighbor to the Southeast
(yes, all of South America is EAST of Florida!!
1. What denotes the border between North and South America -- the Isthmus of Panama, the Panama Canal, or the Panama/Colombia border?
2. True or False: most of the people of South America are Brazilian; most of the land of South America is Brazilian.
3. Of the four highest-populated cities in the world, which are in South America, and where do they rank?
4. One country contains both the highest and lowest points of South America. Name the country and the points.
5. Where does the Amazon rank among world rivers?
6. Name two deserts of South America.
7. Of the three highest active volcanoes in South America, how many are in Chile?
8. Of the six highest mountains in South America, how many are in Argentina?
9. What languages of South America are spoken by at least 1,000,000 people?
10. Explain why Brazil's main language is Portuguese, but the main language of all the other countries of South America is Spanish.
Click here for answers to these questions »
Additional quizzes, and other resources, now
available. Click Here to get more
information about ordering sets of geography quizzes.