Questions About Central America and the
In which we take a tour of Americans' #1 Winter Travel
1. Two Caribbean islands, two volcanoes, one name. Identify the two islands, the two volcanoes, and the one name.
2. What's the largest island in the Caribbean?
3. After the Atlantic, Pacific, Arctic, and Indian Oceans, where does the Caribbean fall in terms of size? How many seas are bigger?
4. How many bodies of water have known depths that are deeper than the greatest known depth of the Caribbean?
5. Many countries and territories in the Caribbean include the word AND in their names. Can you name five of them?
6. Many of the islands of the Caribbean still maintain a dependency relationship with a colonial-era "mother country". For each of the countries below, identify it as independent, or name the country to which it is still tied.
a. Puerto Rico
7. One country in this region is number 9 on the world-wide list of cocoa-producing countries, and number 4 for coffee. Which country?
8. Which country in this region is #2 on the list of highly-indebted developing countries, with a foreign debt of over 100 billion dollars?
9. Put these five countries into correct order based on the number of active members in each country's national armed forces.
c. Dominican Rep.
d. El Salvador
10. For each capital, name the country or territory:
1. St. John's
2. St. George's
6. Road Town
7. George Town
9. Port au Prince
10. Port of Spain
Click here for answers to these questions »
Additional quizzes, and other resources, now
available. Click Here to get more
information about ordering sets of geography quizzes.