NOTE: The answers below are not necessarily the only possible answers; there may be a variety of factors that the listed items have in common.
1. Each one is the highest mountain on its respective continent.
2. Landlocked countries.
3. Each is the longest river system on its respective continent.
4. Each is the longest waterfall on its continent.
5. These are the territories that comprise Canada's Northwest Territories, plus the new territory carved from the NWT.
6. These are currencies; each one is the unit of currency in at least two of the Former Soviet Republics. SOM = Kirgizstan & Uzbekistan; MANAT = Azerbaijan & Turkmenistan; ROUBLE = Tajikistan, Belarus, and Russia.
7. These are 3 countries with populations that are 100% urban.
8. The three capitals of South Africa: Capetown = legislative; Pretoria = executive; Bloemfontein = judicial.
9. These are states or territories that do not change their clocks when the rest of their country goes to Summer or Standard time.
10a. The busiest airports in the world, in order, by passengers.
10b. The busiest airports in the world, in order, by aircraft movements.
Back to Quiz »
Additional quizzes, and other resources, now
available. Click Here to get more
information about ordering sets of geography quizzes.