Global Questions With Numerical Answers
Find answers on-line or in your library; add them up to check your work! Teachers -- download this and try it as a library resource drill. Works well in pairs.
Answers Available On The Web Or At Your Library!
Each Answer Is A Number -- Add Them Up To Check Your Work
1. How many states in the United States?
2. The Former Soviet Union -- How many independent nation/states did it become?
3. How many members of the UN as of 1 January 1997?
4. Population of the Earth in US billions as of 1 January 1997, rounded to the nearest billion (and expressed as a single digit).
5. Number of colors in the flag of Mauritius.
6. Number of US states that begin and end with the same letter.
7. Number of hours, expressed as a positive number, between Pacific Standard Time and Greenwich Mean (Coordinated Universal) Time.
8. Number of moons of Mars.
9. Number of Landlocked Countries in South America.
10. The number of duties required of every practicing Muslim, TIMES the number of times a day every practicing Muslim must pray.
11. Height, in stories, of the Bank of China Tower in Hong Kong.
12. Number of different people who have been Prime Minister of Canada, from MacDonald to Chretien.
13. How many times Brazil's teams have been World Cup soccer champions.
14. Value, in Rupiah, of the bill with an orang utan on the back. (Alternate: the value in dollars of the US bill showing McKinley.)
15. Number of justices on the US Supreme Court.
16. Highest possible number of degrees of latitude -- i.e., the latitude of the North or South Pole.
17. Wind speed, in Miles Per Hour, of the highest wind ever recorded on Earth (at Mt. Washington, New Hampshire, USA.)
18. Worldwide total number of Reactors for Nuclear Power in operation on 1 January 1997.
19. If Nichiyobi is day 1 in Japan, what number is Kinyobi.
20. International Direct-Dial Country Code for Kenya.
Click here for answers to these questions »
Additional quizzes, and other resources, now
available. Click Here to get more
information about ordering sets of geography quizzes.