The homographs of "-ough" would confuse anybody:
- We must polish the Polish furniture.
- He could lead if he would get the lead out.
- The farm was used to produce produce.
- The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
- After dessert, the soldier decided to desert his post in the
- No time like the present to present the present.
- A bass and a trout were painted on the head of the bass drum.
- When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
- I did not object to the object.
- The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
- The bandage was wound around the wound.
- There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
- They were too close to the door to close it.
- The buck does funny things when the does are present.
- They sent a sewer down to stitch the tear in the sewer line.
- To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
- The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
- After a number of injections my jaw got number.
- Upon seeing the tear in my clothes I shed a tear.
- I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
- How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
- I live next to the stadium where bands play live. (thanks M.
- A minute is a minute part of a day. (Thanks M. Durham)
- The clothes were too close to the closet door to close it. (Thanks M.
- A rough-coated, dough-faced,
thoughtful ploughman strode
through the streets of Scarborough;
after falling into a slough, he coughed
Share this page:
Follow us on:
Please note: IN the
column below are ads
Google and Amazon ads
I try to control content
Sometimes an adult
one slips in
I regret any offense
and am trying hard
to block such ads.
SEARCH Used, Rare or
Out-of-Print TItles by Keyword, Author, Title